The archives of our Village Hall emanate from 1946 when Miss Mabel Stanley of the Mill House provided the land for the premises under a Trust Deed with the Parish Council of Thurlaston. The facilities were to be held in trust to permit them to be used in perpetuity as a non-sectarian and non-political place for recreation, without distinction of sex, politics or religion.
In 1947 permission was granted to build premises by the Ministry of Works and Rugby Rural District Council under various Town and Country Planning Acts. A licence was granted in February 1947. Subsequently two second-hand army huts were purchased (for a price not exceeding £200) from Ryton on Dunsmore, and erected by a local builder (at a cost of approximately £330). The hall was opened in November 1948.
Today, over seventy years later, the hall along with the church, provide the hub for our community and it is important we continue to care for it. Our Village Hall Committee oversees all aspects of the hall, including its maintenance and the planning of new facilities. By necessity funding is from contributions from numerous events and other fund raising initiatives run by villagers.
Facilities available within the Village Hall are documented on this website, including how Bookings may be made, and in doing so the associated charges, and terms and conditions.